Due to a significant increase in a number of applications, the notification deadline for IJCAI/AIJ Grants has been moved to April 25, 2011!
The International Joint Conferences on Artificial Intelligence [IJCAI] Organization, in collaboration with the AI Journal, is pleased to announce the continuation of its Travel Grants Program for students, junior scientists and scientists attending IJCAI-11 to be held in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain, during July 16-22, 2011. The IJCAI-11 Travel Grants Program is sponsored in full by the IJCAI Organization and its Artificial Intelligence Journal (AIJ) Division.
Due to limited availability of funds for the IJCAI Travel Grants Program, applicants, especially students, should first approach their local AI society for support before applying to IJCAI. Applicants should submit the IJCAI-11 Travel Grant Application Form (and accompanying documents) via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than April 7, 2011 midnight CET. A decision will be sent by April 21, 2011.
IJCAI-11 Travel Grants Application Form is available here.
In addition to contact information, the application should include:
* status of the applicant (student, junior faculty, etc.) with evidence of existing interest and expertise in AI
* type of planned participation in the IJCAI-11 program (accepted technical session, workshop paper, etc.)
* an estimate of attendance costs
* the results of approaching the local AI Society for support
* whether any other sources of support are available to the applicant
* a case for support that includes reasons why IJCAI should make the grant to the applicant, and
* a letter of support (for students only) from the applicant's advisor/head of department.
A post-conference report and receipts totaling the grant amount will be required after the conference in order to receive the grant. In the event that travel grant applications exceed available funds, preference will be given to students who have an accepted technical paper, and then to students who are actively participating in the conference in some way.
If electronic transfer of materials is not possible, please send hard copy to:
IJCAI Executive Secretary
Vienna University of Technology
Institute of Computer Languages E 185.2
IJCAI-11 Conference, in partnership with Google, is pleased to announce travel grants worth 500 EURO to academics and research students from Eastern Europe to present papers at the conference.
Google will fund two travel grants valued at 500 EUR each.
Conference to select the recipients from Eastern Europe, where preference should be given in order:
• Highest ranked papers
• Authors of full papers (PhDs then Academics)
• Authors of other conference publications (short papers/posters, workshops papers, etc)
• PhD attendees
• Eligible countries include Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Republic of Macedonia, Russian
• Recipients will be chosen among eligible applicants for IJCAI/AIJD Travel Grants program and notified on April 21, 2011.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please allow 24 hours for application receipt confirmation from the IJCAI. If you do not receive the receipt confirmation, please contact IJCAI Executive Secretary at: email@example.com or call +43-1-6991-180-8202.